Glider Guardians are here to help the gliders and are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Sugar Glider Guardians (SGG) is a great place to find a mentor to help you set up, troubleshoot, or develop a bond with your gliders. The Sugar Glider Guardians facebook group is an extension of the Sugar Glider Guardians rescue. This group organizes and maintains a mentor-ship program that matches people with an experienced glider owner as well as an Approved Vendor List of community vendors who have contributed to the Guardians rescue.
We are a no-drama network of caring people who work together to help sugar gliders in need.
If you are seeking to rescue a glider in need, or if have to find homes for gliders in a bad situation, please visit the Glider Guardians MeWe group.
SGG’s files are packed with useful information and resources, including:
- Emergency First Aid Preparedness – List of 21 first aid items, how to make E-collars and E-jackets, warning symptoms
- Diet information – List of diet plans, glider crack recipe, toxic food list, safe fruit/veggie list, safe wood list, safe plant list
- Plant Toxicity – Table of plant species with their known toxicities to general animals (no sugar gliders were harmed in the making of this list).
- Introducing Gliders to Each Other – An intro guide to guiding an intro between two gliders.
- Nail Trims by state – List of community members who will trim glider nails, by state.
- Glider Sitters by state – List of community members who will pet-sit for gliders.
- Glider Vet list – A curated list of vets that see sugar gliders, by state.
- DIY No Sew Cage Set tutorials – A compilation of video tutorial guides for DIY cage set items that don’t require any sewing.
- DIY PVC cage instructions – Instructions to build a 30” wide x 72” tall x 24” deep cage with a PVC frame and mesh walls.
- DIY Glider Toy making tips – Instructions and tips for making your own glider toys.
- DIY incubator instructions – Instructions to build an incubator for a rejected joey or severely ill glider.